On Sunday 13 October from 12-5pm, The Old School Museum will hold a public event marking the 140th anniversary of Bleecker's District No. 3 School building. Constructed in 1873, this structure is one of the most complete surviving relics from the town's industrial heyday. Many former students who attended the school in the 1940s and 1950s will be present, but we invite all our neighbors in Bleecker and the surrounding area to stop by and commemorate a bygone era of Fulton County history. Light refreshments will be provided, and "Just Us," a country and bluegrass band including former student Susan Langlois, will regale us with old-time favorites.
We hope this event will be a day not only to share memories of the one-room schoolhouse era, but also to document them. The Museum will have archivists on hand to collect oral histories, and equipment to scan any images donors wish to provide. Please click on the "Visit" link above for driving directions to the school at 114 Lily Lake Road in Bleecker.